- Recruiting and sourcing candidates for all divisions.
- Assist with all facets of the hiring process including scheduling the initial meeting with the potential candidate, ensuring an application has been filled out, scheduling physicals, conducting background checks, and conducting the HR portion of the onboarding process
- Serve as the first point of contact for employee HR-related issues/questions/concerns and maintains confidentiality.
- Direct the random drug testing program
- Assist, eventually manage, all FMCSA/DOT HR-related issues
- Manage all I-9 inquiries, audits, and anything else I-9 related
- Assist the Director, HR with any analytical need regarding insurance plans, 401K, and other related items as needed
- Serve as a backup for payroll processing
- Backup for onboarding of new employees.
- Maintain employee files both electronic and hard copy.
- Helping with job audits and HR investigations and following up with relevant parties
- Other duties may be assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE /SKILLS
- A strong knowledge and confidence in the use of spreadsheets, PowerPoint, Word, and other programs is desirable
- Communication, both oral and written
- Analyzing and evaluating issues in HR
- Understanding and confidence in using specific systems and programs, including Excel, PowerPoint, and database management
- Strong people skills – capable of communicating with individuals at all levels and from various backgrounds
- Researching and reading data and reports
- Ability to make judgments and decisions on confidential matters, and plan and manage complex administrative systems and practices
- Thorough understanding of local, state, and federal laws involving employment, HR, and HR policies.
- Three years of equivalent experience in related areas such as job classification and compensation, recruitment, selection training employee benefits, and/or EEO compliance
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS, payroll, and similar employee management software.
- All required qualifications
- A degree qualification in business or other related fields
- It is desirable to have gained at least a years’ experience in HR, administration, recruitment, finance, or any other related subjects if the applicant holds a degree.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Able to work quickly and efficiently without sacrificing quality.
- Must be willing to travel periodically and be able to work within a non-structured schedule i.e. long hours, weekends, etc.
- Self-motivated and able to learn quickly.
- Adaptable to changing work assignments.
- Team oriented.
- Understand and promote company values at all times.