Wireless Division Tower Technician
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
Experience required. 1+ years preferred.
- Climb daily to heights up to 1000 ft.
- Perform installation of antennas, mounts, cable ladders, cable, etc.
- Assist in testing of sites.
- Participate in new tower construction.
- Perform routine and special circumstance tower maintenance.
- Assist in troubleshooting a variety of systems from cell sites to lighting systems.
- Perform daily duties in a safe manner.
- Maintain a professional working attitude with co-workers and customers.
- Further industry knowledge on an ongoing basis.
- Mentor less experienced co-workers to enhance the performance of the team.
- Uphold quality workmanship surpassing industry standards.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS
- Cellular Tower/Broadcast Tower construction and maintenance experience a plus.
- General tower safety knowledge and ability to utilize 100% tie-off techniques at all times.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Able to communicate effectively with co-workers and customers.
- Must have valid Drivers License and the ability to obtain a DOT physical certification. CDL Class A certification a plus.
- Jin pole, Microwave, and Rigging experience a plus.
- ComTrain, Anritsu, Andrew, Commscope, RFS, Cablewave, Eupen, and Boom Truck certifications a plus.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Must be willing to travel up to 4 weeks at a time and able to work within a non-structured schedule i.e. long hours, weekends, etc.
- Self-motivated and able to learn quickly.
- Team oriented.