Install, splice, troubleshoot, conduct and record tests, verify and document installations for inside and outside plant Fiber Optic systems for both new and existing applications. Provide 24×7 emergency response support.
- Work with clients to plan installations as required.
- Install, repair and test fiber cable in a variety of environments (underground, indoor, aerial).
- Terminate cable utilizing a variety of connectors.
- Perform testing utilizing OTDRs, Power Meter/Light Sources and VFLs.
- Chromatic Dispersion and PMD testing experience a plus.
- Record and document testing per customer specifications.
- Perform daily duties in a safe manner.
- Maintain a professional working attitude with co-workers and customers at all times.
- Further industry knowledge on an ongoing basis.
- Uphold quality workmanship surpassing industry standards.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS
- Able to read prints and other engineering documentation.
- Mechanical and fusion splicing experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of fiber counts and colors.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy with MS Office products and testing equipment.
- Fiber Optic industry construction, maintenance and testing experience.
- Mechanically inclined and detail oriented.
- Must have valid Drivers License and the ability to obtain a DOT physical certification. CDL Class A certification a plus.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Must be willing to travel up to 4 weeks at a time and able to work within a non-structured schedule i.e. long hours, weekends, 24×7 emergency coverage, etc.
- Self motivated and able to learn quickly.
- Team oriented and have exemplary character.
- Able to mentor less experienced team members as appropriate.
- Safety focused.