JDH Contracting is now hiring Tower Technicians at our Indianapolis (Plainfield, Indiana), Mt. Sterling (Kentucky) and Concord (North Carolina) offices!
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE: Experience required. 1+ years preferred.
· Climb daily to heights up to 1000 ft.
· Perform installation of antennas, mounts, cable ladders, cable, etc.
· Assist in testing of sites
· Participate in new tower construction
· Perform routine and special circumstance tower maintenance
· Assist in trouble shooting a variety of systems from cell sites to lighting systems
· Perform daily duties in a safe manner
· Maintain a professional working attitude with co-workers and customers
· Further industry knowledge on an ongoing basis
· Mentor less experienced co-workers to enhance the performance of the team
· Uphold quality workmanship surpassing industry standards
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS:
· Cellular Tower/Broadcast Tower construction and maintenance experience a plus
· General tower safety knowledge and ability to utilize 100% tie off techniques at all times
· Mechanically inclined
· Able to communicate effectively with co-workers and customers
· Must have valid Drivers License and the ability to obtain a DOT physical certification. CDL Class A certification a plus
· Jin pole, Microwave and Rigging experience a plus
· ComTrain, Anritsu, Andrew, Commscope, RFS, Cablewave, Eupen and Boom Truck certifications a plus
· Must have reliable transportation to and from work
· Must be willing to travel up to 4 weeks at a time and able to work within a non-structured schedule i.e. long hours, weekends, etc.
· Self motivated and able to learn quickly
· Team oriented