RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE: Experience required. 5+ years preferred.
- Perform Aerial Communication Lineman tasks for Fiber Optic and Copper Cable systems for both new and existing applications.
- Provide 24×7 emergency response support.
- Work with clients to plan installations as required.
- Install and repair Fiber Optic and Copper cable in a variety of environments.
- Climb up to 50 ft.
- Experienced in Bucket Truck Operation.
- Experienced in the following tasks: New Cable Installs, Pole Transfers, Strand Building, Cable Hanging, Lashing, Make Readies, Figure Eighting.
- Record and document testing per customer specifications.
- Perform daily duties in a safe manner.
- Maintain a professional working attitude with co-workers and customers at all times.
- Further industry knowledge on an ongoing basis.
- Uphold quality workmanship surpassing industry standards.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS:
- Able to read prints and other engineering documentation.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Fiber Optic and Copper Cable industry construction, maintenance and testing experience.
- Mechanically inclined and detail oriented.
- Must have valid Drivers License and the ability to obtain a DOT physical certification.
- CDL Class A certification a plus.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Must have own climbing equipment.
- Must be willing to travel up to 4 weeks at a time and able to work within a non-structured schedule i.e. long hours, weekends, 24×7 emergency coverage, etc.
- Self motivated and able to learn quickly.
- Team oriented and have exemplary character.
- Able to mentor less experienced team members as appropriate.
- Safety focused.