The Warehouse Associate is located at the Plainfield, IN office providing support to field operations in job material organization, loading/unloading, shipping/receiving and other duties as assigned by the Warehouse/Purchasing Manager. The ideal candidate will have warehouse and/or construction experience.
- Stage job site material for field crews.
- Load or unload delivery vehicles, review shipments for damages/accuracy and move to appropriate location.
- Organize and maintain inventory both in warehouse and in storage yard.
- Assist with maintenance of warehouse equipment.
- Perform counts during material inventory process.
- Check in/out material, small tools, or other items.
- Maintain electronic records of inventory and check in/out process.
- Ensure warehouse/yard areas are compliant with company and OSHA safety regulations.
- Perform general housekeeping duties as required.
- Perform in role of Warehouse Manager in their absence.
- Pickup/deliver items as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS
- High School diploma
- Field experience which includes exposure to aerial, underground and/or splicing disciplines
- Ability to read engineering drawings, blueprints and technical documents for OSP facilities
- Knowledge of OSP materials/pricing necessary to complete the job
- Knowledge of the OSP construction process
- Knowledge of project management
- Proficiency in the use of computers for word processing, spreadsheets and Email, and smartphones for texting and other field communications (Microsoft)
- Should be organized, able to make decisions and solve problems creatively and quickly, capable of multi-tasking, and be adaptable and creative in overcoming situations quickly. This position requires good communication and leadership skills, and the ability to foster teamwork.
- Some travel required
Fill out our online application
Download an application