Civils Project Manager – Estimator
Experience Required 3+ years preferred
· Prepare estimates and purchase orders in detail for all products
· Ensure timely completion of estimates
· Understand the scope of work to bid
· Manage bid pricing from all vendors
· Prepare cost analysis
· Establish and maintain working relationships with vendors and subcontractors
Plan the project
· Attend pre-bid meetings and gather requirements as needed.
· Refine the scope of the project in collaboration with senior management/customer.
· Create a detailed work plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
· Determine the resources (labor, materials, equipment, etc.) and criteria (locates, permits, safety needs, etc.) required to complete the project.
· Develop a schedule for project completion that effectively allocates the resources to the activities
· Review the project schedule with all affected stakeholders and senior management as necessary; revise the schedule as required
· Determine the objectives and measures upon which the project will be evaluated at its completion including hours, costs, revenues, time to invoice, time to close.
Schedule the project
· Maintain an effective dialog with division Construction Managers/Site Supervisors regarding the planning and scheduling of resources for division efforts.
· Verify the final job folder with all necessary forms, complete work order, and all supporting prints and job documentation is complete.
· Meet with Construction Manager to officially review all aspects of the job and formally transition the job to the scheduling/implementation phase of the project.
· In consultation with the appropriate manager, select staff with appropriate skills for the project activities
· Manage project staff according to the established policies and practices of the organization
· Ensure that all project personnel receive an appropriate orientation to the project
· Contract qualified staff to work on the project as needed
Implement the project
· Demonstrates a team focus, providing leadership, support, and adherence to sound business practices.
· Execute the project according to the project plan
· Use forms and records to document project progress
· Set up files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented and secured
· Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
· Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including appropriate staff in the organization and the customer on the progress of the project
· Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
· Ensure all project closing tasks are completed.
Control the project
· Provides effective management and utilization of labor, materials and equipment resources, controlling costs within budget guidelines and producing optimal margins.
· Identify areas of risk and opportunity, ensuring projects meet or exceed budgeted financial objectives with focus on revenue, expense control and margin optimization.
· Monitor and approve all budgeted project expenditures
· Monitor cash flow projections and report actual cash flow and variance to senior
management on a regular basis (monthly/bimonthly)
· Manage all project funds according to established accounting policies and procedures
· Proactively identify problematic design/construction elements and formulate solutions.
· Initiate change orders with the customer for all changes to the scope of work
· Ensure that all financial records for the project are up to date
· Prepare documentation for final invoice, financial reports and supporting documentation
Evaluate the project
· Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
· Evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase
· Lead debrief on completed project to track factors affecting successful project implementation and profitability
Serve as customer liaison
· Identify and develop strategic accounts.
· Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions and strategies.
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer satisfaction and lasting client relationships.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS
· College degree or equivalent work experience.
· Ability to read engineering drawings, blueprints and technical documents.
· Civil construction and site development experience in all aspects of the Civils industry
· Underground utility experience Must have excellent organizational skills and be detail oriented
· Familiar with project management principles
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Computer literacy with MS Office products
· Commitment to proper Civils safety practices
· Must have valid Driver’s License
· Some travel may be required.